In Kate Hudson’s movie, “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days,” Samantha Quan throws out ideas for articles in the magazine, “Composure” that include subjects like Botox disasters, but always ends her suggested topic with the assurance that the article will be “surprisingly upbeat!”
That’s the way I feel about this post. It’s AWFUL news, “but, surprisingly upbeat!”
In my conversations, the subject of how to ethically teach people about how to make a decent living came up several times with friends and clients who are top-level coaches and marketers.
Some of them are struggling with telling you the truth.
You see they WANT to tell you the truth and yet they want to make a decent living themselves too — and that’s the rub.
You don’t want to listen and if you don’t listen, you won’t buy.
Here are just a few of the ugly truths you really don’t want to hear:
- Internet marketing is work
- Building a 6 or 7 figure business is hard
- Making serious money takes time
- You procrastinate every day
- You have too many ideas and too many projects
- You need someone to help you make up your mind for you
- You really DON’T have enough money
- You multi-task way too much
- You rarely think about the big-picture and when you do, you forget about it quickly
- You don’t have a system and if you did you wouldn’t implement it.
Worse yet … Most People Who Try Making a Full-Time Living With Their Own Business Will Fail
Now that’s tough to HEAR and it’s even tougher to SAY when your job is to sell the idea that you can help people do it at a live event, during a phone call or over the Internet.
Because telling you that ugly truth discourages sales.
And experts and marketers need to make a living too.
So what’s the “surprisingly upbeat!” part?
It turns out that you really CAN make a decent living if you want to — in almost every case — if you follow some proven steps.
So what’s the big secret?
Well, the first secret is that everyone doesn’t really WANT to make a decent living with their own business.
As hard as it is for marketers to accept, the truth is that MOST people in this big, beautiful world, don’t want to run their own business online or offline — and that’s okay.
In fact, many of the people that THINK that they want a business find out that they DON’T want to run one — and that’s a SUCCESS story. People shouldn’t be doing things that they really don’t want to do.
So maybe you are in the minority …
If you really DO want a business then you are in the select minority of people that CAN make it. Now the question becomes …. WILL YOU?
So what’s stopping you?
It could be several things. Here are a few stages in the path to success where I see roadblocks all the time …
- You don’t know where to start
- You don’t have some crucial skills and knowledge you need
- You think — a bunch — but don’t DO anything
- You DO something, but you can’t finish what you started
- You finish something and then immediately give up and try something else
- You have no clue what to do next
- You figure out what you want to do, but have no plan.
- You have a solid plan, but are doing so much you are overwhelmed
- You are growing too fast to have any control at all
- You are cutting back on everything and starting to look at the big picture
What does it take to get through these stages?
Well the EASIEST way is to have mentors, coaches and friends that support you all the way.
That’s why I think that mentoring is such a wonderful gift to share and why going to live events is so important.
Here are a few of the ways I hope to help people …
No one really does ANYTHING on their own.
We all have someone that supports us, even when we don’t want anyone to help.
I hope that many of you will see all of this in action at the Impact Event or one of my Masterminds or workshops.
If you’ve been procrastinating, now is the time to take action.
As the headline says …
“Discover How Successful Authors, Celebrities, Coaches, Newspapers, Magazines, Internet Sites, Non-Profits and Corporations use the Internet, Publicity, Joint Ventures, List Building, Social Media Sites, Radio, Television, and Web 2.0 Techniques to Drive MILLIONS — Instead Of THOUSANDS — of Active, Targeted and Eager Fans, Clients and Customers to Their Best Ideas, Products and Services”
The Impact Event is going to be an amazing “real facts” event and you will be SO glad that you made the choice to be there!
– See more at: http://theimpactevent.com
Live events move you faster than anything I know. Building relationships is crucial and successful people attend live events.
I’ve love to meet you in person and introduce you to amazing people to get you on the way.
Best-Selling Author and Producer
The Impact Factor Movie
The Impact Masterminds
The Impact Action Plan Workshops
P.S. To subscribe to my latest updates, please go to:
For a list of ways we can work together, take a look at:
Here’s the addresses to find me on Twitter and Facebook …
P.P.S. Hint, hint …
Want to learn everything I know for less than $15?